Monday, September 12, 2011

I am Sparticus

today, the spanish lady was feeling a little overwhelmed by motherhood. Since I had most of the day off, I offered to take the kids for a few hours to let her breath some uncontaminated air. Here are the photo highlights:




I slung baby a. over my shoulder, stuck little miss o in a stroller, and made c-bug use his own legs, like a sucker. I looked like a crazy cat lady, only male, and with kids. Ladies.

we walked a few half-miles to the Bean museum to look at live and not-so-live animals. Baby a was squealing and kicking his legs the whole time. I guess the little guy's happiest when he's strapped.




this is one of the not-so-live giraffes.

*editor's note: it is evident that my dad transformation is still in it's infancy, as I let the opportunity to make 'a-half-a-giraffe' joke go untold (the other half walks real well, but you should see the mess it makes while eating). it won't happen again.



and a not-so-live elephant.




yikes! Look at the nose on that...thing. Makes you wonder if they're all like that, or if this is the tumor that killed it.



this one might still have some life in it. No, it definitely did, right up to the moment they said they were going to release it, and, instead, gassed it. You can still see the joy, mingled with nerve toxins.



honey badger, taking what it wants.



c-bug's souvenir: telekinesis. maybe some chiggers from the exchange. mostly telekinesis.



the kids had a blast. they even brought out a boa constrictor, and an African spiny tortoise, though neither of the kids were brave enough to touch. I was. I'm brave. Worth it. To celebrate my bravery, we got ice cream, and baby a pooped on me. I told you he was strapped.



I took this photo for my dad. Ever since I can remember (2008-ish), he's been telling me stories of an ill fated expedition to the amazonian interior that tragically ended after the crew was eaten by tapirs. This is one of those tapirs. Sleep lightly, children. If you can even sleep at all.

3 comments:

Alissa said...

You earn excellent father points. We did not realize that not only do you have three chilluns but you also live in The Provo?

Unknown said...

Aren't all boys happier when they are strapped?

h. said...

Alissa - Yep. Three. And a switchblade. The Provo is a recent development, aimed at trying to get me an official education (he's bonafied). It has it's charms, but I miss Olympia. God bless those atheist heathens. They kept such neat yards.

MSDR (you know what the 'd' is for) - it's like they say: "strapped sind Liebchen"