Friday, March 13, 2009

Remembering Oceanside


The Spanish Lady and I woke up this morning and said to ourselves, "Hey, it's March. We should go to the beach." So we did just that, loading C. in the car to reacquaint him with the ocean he used to yell at when he was one.




I guess a year isn't long enough for some things to change. At least there is a playground near the pier.






He would climb to the top of the slide...





...and use his new vantage point to yell even louder insults and warnings at the water.


We ended the day with ice cream at McDonald's and air drumming on the table. Then, mrs. h and I talked about how much we both miss Oceanside while C. slept in the backseat.


{images iz cellphona}

3 comments:

Crys said...

I had so much fun with you today. It made me realize there are a lot of things I want to do with you before you leave. It's weird to think the next time we go to the beach as a family we might have two people yelling at the water, And you might not have an arm!

merelyLooking said...

He's cracking me up! I can just imagine it. What a fun day. It's interesting to watch generations repeat the same actions, the same photos, the same memories, and build a life. It's awesome.

merelyLooking said...

PS I like the picture of The Spanish Lady smiling in the background.