Wednesday, March 25, 2009

if you can imagine an advanced enough robot...

I've always liked the covers of old science fiction books, sometimes more than the books themselves. This translates into other media as well. I'd be lying if I said the cover art wasn't a large influence in my decision to buy Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots by the flaming lips (of course, their music is more than enough reason to have purchased the album, anyway). So, when I stumbled across this collection of cover images from various publications of "The War of the Worlds," I was pleasantly surprised. Here are some of my favorites.





I would say these images are nostalgic, but I wasn't born when they were printed. Maybe reincarnostalgic? Delicious, then.

4 comments:

merelyLooking said...

Awesome, awesome! I was going to do a sci-fi post soon about spaceships and robots (rik allen) - Great minds think a like! The new blog look is rad cool, too. What an arr-teest! I feel cool rubbing off on me just for knowing you :)

MelancholySmile said...

Reincarnostalgic. Why isn't that word in the dictionary? It totally fits. The art is awesome, and I love the new look of your blog. :)

h. said...

It's probably not 'cool' rubbing off. Probably, it's chiggers. It's a fabric background, and I think it's infested. Imports... As for the word; I know, right? I'm petitioning for 'reincarne asada,' but it's tough working with word nerds. But it's worth it for exotic leftovers.

Crys said...

hey fool, I think you should post more, But not too much cause that means time away from me :)