Thursday, August 4, 2011

Art Rage

Sounds like a social disorder, but it's actually a paint program. I've become a bit bored, lately, with the programs I found before - they don't seem to simulate the physics of paint very well. They do pencils and markers beautifully, but I wanted to be more deliberate with chunky brush strokes, and what have you, and my options in that department were limited. Art rage does the paint stuff fantastically. The demo doesn't let you save in any other format except for it's own proprietary format, but "print screen" lets you get around that. And, setting your calendar back let's you get around the 30 day trial, so... win. My only complaint is the lack of a blend tool. I can probably get around that with 'technique,' but, as of now, I have none. Final tally: ArtRage 1, Me 2.

Here's a sample of what I've been doing.


No comments: